Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Boy, it is cold in this house!

Tucumcari weather is so strange, it was a beautiful day, in the low 50's- but the wind here never stops! I have not turned the heater on because our house is all electric and last month our bill was hugungous (that is a word according to my kid #2). I think I am going to have to break down though, the kids are home from school.

Yesterday, I did an unofficial poll of my FB friends. I wanted to know how many of them hung their clothes out to dry on the line. Many do, and the more that I think about it, the better of an idea it is. However, here even though we have all of this beautiful sunshine, we have a lot of sand and a lot of wind- so maybe there should be a balance. My husband wants to put a clothes line indoors in the hallway of our house--- I am still on the fence about that one, but he seems to think that the wet clothes will combat the dry air in the house. I am sure that an indoor clothesline will make me crazy.

I did find some interesting websites on the topic of line drying clothes.

No Excuses! Hang Your Laundry - Frugal - Families.com



AND


Project Laundry List promotes clotheslines, drying racks and green laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment